I've been testing it with a mesh from ZBrush I created recently, 1.415 million polys. It unfolds very fast, ~ less than a minute, great!
Some thoughts/feedback; I haven't found it / might have missed it, -is there an option for some of the Menu text, to change it's color(s)? It's hard for me to read some of the menu bar text, examples (red arrows point to hard to read text/color for me in image below);
Are there plans for a GoZ plugin? (or maybe there already is one, and I missed it ? ) Hoping to take a ZBrush model with ~ 16 SubTools in all at once. Glad to hear what might be the best approach currently with the Beta? Example: Export everything from ZBrush as an FBX / Export everything as one .obj file / Just do one item at a time / etc.
When I selected from the Main menu title bar > "?" > Basic Tutorial Videos... it takes me to this url (using Chrome); rizom-lab.com/tutorialvideospage.php Where I, " OOPS! You blew up the Internet." Which I kinda' like
1. Real Space vs Virtual Spaces Looking at your character picture (the dragon), it looks like you you should use Unfold3D Virtual Spaces instead of Unfold3D Real Spaces. Have a look at the two softwares description at rizom-lab.com. You should perhaps delete from your hard disk the file beta_RS.lic and put instead beta_VS.lic file.
2. Readability Would it be enough that we change the theme colors so that the text will become more readable?
3. GoZ plugin. No plan for that but we could do it, and we will.
4. zBrush workflow We don't have large experience with zBrush here at rizom-lab, usually people export / import using OBJ files, I don't know if they export several piece at once, I suppose it is possible. However, we would be very please if you share your import-export experience with zBrush and Unfold3D on that forum, that would help us and also other users.
5. Video help pages Yes, this have to be fixed.
Thank you for your feedback Josh. Feel free to post more about your work on this forum, I am sure that other users would be please to have a look at it, and also it would be nice to see the UVs of the 1 million poly dragon model.
1. Will do, I'll use the VS lic. 2. Yup, that would be great. 3. Cool ! 4. Sounds good! I'll use .obj to start, and I'll be glad to share my import-export experience with ZBrush and Unfold3D on the forum. 5.